Lips that are big and plump are often regarded as a sign of excellent health, charm, and youth. No matter if you were born with thin lips or if your lips have thinned as a result of the natural aging process, you can use numerous procedures to augment and enhance them or repair soft tissue loss. Lip enhancement procedure might be beneficial if your top lip or both lips vanishes when you smile.
It’s always great to keep your lips full and luscious as you get older. A professional cosmetic surgeon can help you achieve smooth, pleasing, and pouty lips with a natural appearance using a variety of treatments.
Whatever your concern is, whether you have a “gummy” smile, creases above your lips, downturned corners of your mouth, or simply want a gorgeous pout, there is a procedure that can help you. Lip injections, lip fillers, and lip augmentation are all terms used to describe the method.
The use of natural or synthetic fillers in the form of lip injections can keep your lips full and plump for months at a time. You can also undertake other surgical treatments such as lip implants and other cosmetic operations to provide a more long-term solution. Lip lifts, vermillion (lip) advancement, and permanent cosmetics are other choices available. A large number of patients have successful lip augmentation procedures each year and are satisfied with the results.
When Is It Time to Think About Getting Your Lips Enhanced?
If you are self-conscious about the shape of your lips because they are thin, asymmetrical, or lined, cosmetic treatments might ease your worries and help you feel more confident about your smile. The following are some of the specific modifications that a trained cosmetic surgeon can achieve through lip enhancement:
- Restoring volume to aging or thin lips
- Straightening out creases in the lips.
- Improving the upper and lower lip symmetry.
- Refining and making thin or flat lips appear fuller and fuller.
Pros and Cons of Lip Enhancement
When considering lip enhancement, the following are the three most important advantages and disadvantages to consider: You should talk to your aesthetic cosmetic surgeon if you want to focus more on what you require the most.
- Other lip injections are temporary and can be tailored to fit your needs and desires.
- A permanent remedy is provided through implants and surgical enhancements.
- For injections, the recovery time is one day, and for most lip surgeries, the recovery time is one week.
- It will be necessary to administer injections every few months while using temporary fillers.
- In some cases, asymmetrical lips are possible
- Removing implants can be a challenge.
Is Lip Enhancement Right for You?
The following are some of the most prevalent reasons why you might want to consider having your lips enhanced:
- Lip enhancement is an excellent option for people who want their lips to be plumped up or create a fuller look for their lips.
- When you smile, some strategies can help you have more symmetrical lips, improve the contour of your mouth, and reduce gum-show.
- You can discuss a lip reduction procedure with a plastic surgeon for those whose lips are huge and distract from the rest of their face.
The likelihood that you will be a good candidate for this operation is high if you are in excellent health, have a good mindset, and have realistic goals.
What Is the Procedure for Lip Enhancement and How Does It Work?
Lip enhancement can be achieved through a variety of means. Your surgeon will show you a variety of options based on your cosmetic objectives and recovery time frame. It may be nice to have two or more of these procedures performed to attain the best possible result for you.
- Injections – fat transfer
Fat transfer is a procedure in which autologous fat (fat within your own body) is removed from another part of your body and put into your lips. You may need to repeat injections until you achieve the desired result.
- Injections – fillers
Using fillers created from natural or synthetic biocompatible materials such as collagen or hyaluronic acid, you can plump up your lips without fat. Most of the time, one treatment is sufficient to achieve the intended result. The results, on the other hand, may only be brief, needing further injections.
- Surgery – dermal graft
When it comes to permanent lip enhancement, the most effective way is to surgically push the lip forward, making incisions inside the mouth. To add more plumpness to the lips, a dermal-fat graft extracted from the deeper layers of the skin may be placed under the mucosa (the lining of the lips).
- Surgery – vermillion advancement
To enlarge the area of the lips, an incision is made along the border of the colored piece of lips, a strip of skin beyond the border is removed, and then the colored portion is pulled to increase the size of their lips.
- Surgery – lip implant
Implants for the lips can be placed through small incisions in the corners of your mouth. You can choose from a variety of natural and synthetic implant choices. Your surgeon will advise you on the best course of action.
- Surgery – lip lift
Those with loose skin or a downward sloping mouth will remove excess skin and raise the lips. An under-the-nose incision is performed, and the skin is then shortened to lift the lips. The upper lip can be shortened to show more teeth with other lift procedures. Small incisions on the corner of the mouth and the excess skin is removed to raise a drooping mouth. Tiny stitches are utilized in this operation, and they are removed four to five days after the procedure has been completed.
What Should You Expect on the Day of Lip Enhancement Procedure?
It is possible to do injections with fillers and permanent makeup procedures in the office with little to no downtime and with only minor preparation. The surgeon or expert will prepare the region to be treated and apply numbing cream if necessary during the process. In most circumstances, the treatment will take less than an hour, and you will be given specific instructions to follow once you have left the office afterward.
Surgical Lip Enhancement Procedures
Your lip enhancement treatment may be carried out in a hospital, a free-standing ambulatory surgery center, or an office-based surgical suite setting. The majority of operations take at least thirty minutes and up to two hours to finish.
- Medications are given to you to make you more comfortable throughout the surgical procedure.
- Usually, anesthetics are used for your lip augmentation treatment, while local anesthetic or intravenous sedation may be more appropriate in some cases.
- Your surgeon will adhere to the surgical strategy that you and your surgeon discussed prior to surgery.
- If you are getting fat transfer surgery, liposuction will extract viable fat infused into your lips.
- Immediately following the completion of your surgery, you will be transported to a recovery area where you will continue to be closely observed. It is possible that you will have sutures after surgery.
Most patients are allowed to leave the clinic following surgery after a brief observation period unless they and their plastic surgeon have established alternate arrangements for immediate postoperative rehabilitation.
How Long Will the Results of Lip Enhancement Procedures Last?
The length of time your lip enhancement procedure results will last is determined by the treatment you choose and your response to the treatment.
- Fat injections may need numerous injections, but they have the potential to result in permanent lip enhancement.
- The outcome of filler injections is dependent on the type of filler used. While some dermal fillers persist for three to six months, some dermal fillers last for nearly a year.
- Lip lifting, lip implants, dermal grafting, and vermillion advancement are all procedures that provide basically permanent results.
You should visit your plastic surgeon’s office for follow-up evaluations at the suggested intervals, and anytime you see or detect any changes in the appearance of your lip implants. This will ensure your safety as well as the most appealing and healthy outcome possible. You should bring any inquiries or concerns to the attention of your surgeon as soon as possible.
Are you ready to give your lips the boost they’ve been craving for a long time? If the answer is yes, it’s time to see Utah Facial Surgical Arts. Make an appointment for a consultation to discover more about the advantages of Lip Enhancement.